Friday 11 September 2009

Long time no write

Eeek, I've not blogged anything for six months. The real world was just too pressing. But with my birthday coming up, it seems right to try again.
It's becoming borne in on me that though I believe in vocation, I also have some responsibility in keeping my work-life balance from overflowing and making a nasty puddle on the floor.
There will always be far too many things to do - important things, interesting things, necessary things, God-given things. But if I don't want to look back at the end of my life with bitterness, wishing I'd had a better time of it, I need to take responsibility for making that happen rather than being a passive martyr who is Just Too Busy and wants to make everyone else feel guilty because they aren't working as hard.
I hope if I'm writing again in six months - and even more, in six years - I can look back over the intervening period with less suppressed resentment and more overt enjoyment.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for getting back to the blog - even I have found it hard in recent months to continue blogging but I hope to keep going and not feel like a martyr to life and work. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have not blogged or visited any blogs for ages. I think I've been getting blogged down - either with or without blogging - I can't decide which. Tonight whilst waiting for Bob and Hannah seemed a good time to revisit blogs, but when a load of other things are on my mind blogging is the first thing I forget about. Will try to blog again soon.

    ReplyDelete