Monday 19 January 2009

With apologies to Brian Wren

I seem to have slightly misremembered the title of Brian Wren's book of hymns Piece Together Praise but since this blog was inspired by a course on scrapbooking and piecing together remembered Bible stories (see Women in Ministries blog) it still seems appropriate. And anyway, I find both life and praise never quite fit or make sense if you try to make them out of just one piece, just one voice, just one truth. I always need to piece meaning together from many different contexts - and even then it's usually somewhat distorted to try to fit everything in... though that may be just the result of my mental/handicraft skills...

5 comments:

  1. Great to see you blogging Sarah. Is "scrapbooking" a pieced together word? It sounds a bit like a noun mashed into a verb to me, a bit like texting! :-)

    I look forward to hearing your wise and considered insights and will try to add to them with similar comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrapbooking is a portmanteau word in the Humpty Dumpty sense - it does what I tell it to do! But I think in crafting circles it does already exist.
    If I have any wise and considered insights I shall definitely post them. Thanks for your interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea. I love the whole concept of mixing things up; this idea of 'patchwork praise' has started sparking thoughts off each other already :) Can't wait to read more.

    Abi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pleased to have found you online, Sarah. Good luck with the new blog. Very much looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funnily enough (or perhaps not) Humpty Dumpty sprang to my mind on Monday, when we were talking about controlled vocabularies and taxonomies. I said to my neighbour - so we say what we want the words to mean, like HD. - But she wasn't you, so, as usual, had no idea what I meant!
    Miss you, S, I'll keep up with you here..P

    ReplyDelete