Tuesday 3 February 2009

Snow problem?

Today has felt almost like a holiday. I've done work at home, played a bit on the computer and because of current atmospheric conditions felt no guilt whatsover for not going to see anyone/having any meetings. I've even got some stuff done that's been hanging over my head for ages.
But what if (like the year I was studying in Switzerland) the snow just went on and on for months? I'd then be having to get through it no matter what, and would no longer see the aesthetics (wonderful lighting, walking home from town yesterday evening) for the inconvenience (muscles tense every step for fear of slipping).
Funny how the same thing can be so quickly reframed. Contextuality is all...

1 comment:

  1. Snowy Huddersfield was centre of the BBC News universe for a while with so many reporters we were falling over them. Now they've all gone, but the snow is still here for a while.

    ReplyDelete